- Conversation Categories
- Chatting with clients
- Jump to Case File
- Sending Documents
- Uploading Documents to File
- Other Communication Tools
Take a look at the four tabs under “Communicate.”
- From left to right, the tabs are as follows:
- Assigned, Conversations, Requests, and Archived
- Assigned: Will show the conversations which have been assigned to you by an Administrator.
- You can assign a client conversation to a staff member by clicking “Tools” on the right side, then clicking “Assign Conversation.”
- Conversations: This tab shows the general conversation tab which will include incoming and recent messages
- Requests: Messages will appear in requests if the client has now been created as a contact in Qix yet.
- You can add that requested client as a contact by clicking “Add Contact.”
- Archived: After 24 hours without a message, each conversation will be placed in this section. You can always access these conversations by clicking the Search icon and typing in the client’s name or number.
Chatting with Clients
A. There are three ways a client can message your firm now that you are using Qix. Each message delivery method is color-coded.
- SMS (green)
NOTE: In order to send a message as an SMS, staff users must type “SMS” then a space, followed by the message.
2. Mobile App (Blue/White)
- Website Chat (Purple)
Notice how each of the message types has Google Translate icons next to them. By clicking that button, the message will translate from the client’s native language to your firm’s native language (i.e. Spanish to English).
- NOTE: No matter the message type (SMS, App, or Web), the conversation will continue naturally throughout each platform inside Communicate.
Jump to Case File
If a case is linked. Click “Case file” to open the clients case file in the case management software.
- Find this “case file” button in Communicate located in the client details (upper right-hand corner of the window):
2. If the client does not have a case file linked, please click the button listed as “Link Case File.”
- You will be required to navigate to another tab and open your Case Management Software (CMS) [i.e. MerusCase, PracticePanther, etc.].
- Search the client’s name in your CMS and go to their case. Copy their case number from the address bar:
- Click “Link Case File”
- Insert it into the provided box in Qix, then click “submit.”
There are multiple ways in which your firm can send a document/file to a client:
In Communicate, find the “Send Document” button in the right sidebar and fill out the respective details and documents.
- See “Inbox” step for further details and instructions.
You can also send a document in that chat window by clicking the paperclip icon next to “send.”
2. Once you click the paperclip icon, please click “Upload files” under “Add media”:
3. Upload necessary documents by clicking “Select Files”:
Uploading Documents to File
- Every document in the chat and sidebar will have an upload button next to it.
NOTE: the button will be logo of the case management software you use (i.e. Meruscase)
- Click the Upload button and select the client’s case file
- Click “Save”
Uploading Conversations to File
There are 2 ways to upload conversations to a case file:
- First, make sure that an activity (in your case management software) called “Chat” exists.
If it does, then Conversations should automatically upload once a week to a linked case file.
Note: If a case file is not linked to the conversation it will not upload.
2. Second you can upload manually by clicking the “upload conversation” button in the sidebar:
Next, take a look at the various boxed options below the client details.
- Request Document
- This button will send a notification to that user’s app inbox with the message and document you are requesting. Be sure to complete the message box and choose “send to user,” then click “save.”
Once completed, the request will appear for staff to look back on below the four options. You can view the document that was submitted by clicking “View.”
- Send Document
- This button allows for staff members to send documents to clients. Similarly to “Request Document,” be sure to complete each step (message, ‘send to user,’ and save)
- Ask Question
- This button allows for staff to ask specific multiple choice or Y/N questions to the client. Fill out the information in the same way as previous steps.
4. Get Signature
A. This button will request a specific signature or initial from the client. You must provide the document for which the signature is required.
B. Click “Select a Document”
C. Drag and Drop your document (make sure it is selected)
D. Click Insert Post
E. The Document will now be visible for marking in the chat window.
F. Left click to add a signature (red) and Right click to Initials (blue)
G. Include a Message (Post Message)
H. Click Save
I. The document will now be pending a signature (the client will be delivered a notification)
J. When a signature is received it will be “Checked”
K. If a case file is linked the signed document will be uploaded to their case file automatically.
5. Conversations with clients that have case files linked to their client account [See “Link a Case File” section] will be kept within your case management software.
- NOTE: For MerusCase users, please click the client’s case file in the details section of Communicate, navigate to “Activity,” and find the specific date on which the conversation occurred.
6. Conversations not loading or are missing? Try clicking the “Refresh” button or clearing your browser’s cache.
Other Communication Tools
Below “Assign Conversation” in the right side-bar you will see a few other tools:
Upcoming appointments for the client will be listed in this section. If no appointments appear in the sidebar, the client does not have any upcoming scheduled appointments. When an appointment is scheduled, it will appear as such:
Click “More Details” to be taken to a secure details sheet about that appointment.
Within the “Strings” tab, staff members can make pre-saved responses.
- These responses will be useful for messages which the firm sends consistently to all clients.
- To add a new pre-saved response, simply type in the provided box and click “Add.”
3. Help Desk
Search for glossary terms, FAQs, and tutorials that could be useful during the client conversation.
4. Q Cards
Want to provide the client with a simple survey to answer? Create one using the Q cards tool in the right side-bar.
Simply fill out the respective boxes and click “SEND.”